Monday, January 15, 2024

Missouri and the Earthquake

Wow was July busy.

It started off with a bang, that’s for darn sure.  On the 4th of July Atticus and I were working on apatriotic craft when I started to feel our (granite) counter moving beneath me.  When Atticus said he didn’t feel anything I assumed something was wrong with me and ran upstairs to tell Dane.  In response, Dane said, “Well there’s something wrong with the pool.” I looked out the window and saw the pool water sloshing back and forth.  It was a little creepy but was also reassuring- I wasn’t crazy!  It was an earthquake

We had a great Independence Day and the next day Mother Nature favored us with an encore performance (she didn’t want to be outdone by thefireworks!). This time it was bigger and unmistakeable.  The water didn’t just slosh, quite a bit of it escaped from the pool.  Luckily, the boys were asleep and none the wiser.



No comments:

Post a Comment