Monday, January 15, 2024

More of the Little Man

The cuteness of this kid is seriously out of control!  Multiple times a day I find myself stopping and just shaking my head as I stare at him.  He just keeps changing- not only getting bigger (um, somebody want to tell me how you can develop thunder thighs overnight?  Cause this kid did just that!) but his hair, skin, and eye color keep changing.

Here are some of the most recent photos:



 Can't get over his smile.  For now they're still few and far between, but so worth every tear and messy diaper.  I can't begin to express enough thanks to our Heavenly Father for allowing us the privilege of parenthood.  While our road wasn't as long as I was afraid it might be, we prayed and fasted and yearned for this little boy.  I hope I never forget those feelings of longing.

I love the words of Rachel Jankovic, as quoted by Neil L. Andersen in October, 2011,“Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for.”
'

In case you're wondering, yes.  I do think about teaching.  I really did LOVE it.  And yes- I miss it. But I there isn't a void in my life.  Instead, I am finding my heart and capacity to love and care (and worry, ha ha!) enlarged.  As the song goes, "My cup runneth over with love."



No comments:

Post a Comment