Friday, May 31, 2019

May 2019

May was a great month for our family.  I totally got spoiled on Mother's Day (Dane and Atticus nailed it!) 

I felt a little guilty because, more than anything on Mother's Day, I was celebrating the fact that Hinckley had just officially been weaned (and I could eat dairy products again!)  Life and meals have been so much better ever since.
As a result of this change we've all been sleeping better.  Hooray for more sleep!
Unfortunately for Hinckley, his little digestive system still doesn't seem to like dairy products.  Hopefully this'll change in the next few months, poor little guy.

He LOVES bubbles and pretends to blow them whenever he sees one of the bottles.  He has started asking to walk with a balance bike.  No gliding yet but we're sure in the next few months he'll get more comfortable.

He is definitely running now and it can be troublesome when we're outside.  He is SO quiet and fast that it feels like every time I turn my head I turn it back and he's gone!  Almost every time he has run into a garage (a couple of our neighbors have swings in their garages that he loves.)  I have been joking about getting him a bell, squeaky shoes or even using a leash for him but I'm starting to think we really should!



Hinckley Speaks:
  • Uh Oh
  • Jesus (De-dus)
  • Baby (be-Bee)
  • Swing (shos)
  • Soft- (sauce)
  • Bubble
  • Max (Bax/Bas)
  • Gentle (detle)
  • Blanket (dedit)
  • Atticus (Attakeese!)
  • Mom (BOM!)  
  • Old McDonald (the Chorus- "E-I-E-I-O")
  • Imperial March at the top of his lungs whenever he sees Darth Vader ("Dah dah dah...")
  • Sunbeam! (in Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam)


  These boys.  They really are becoming best friends.  
 
 They are spending more and more time together.  One morning we could hear them laughing quietly downstairs.  When I came down they were both eating applesauce that Atticus had gotten for them.  They were doing it almost every day for a week or so.







Here are some recent drawings by Atticus:
 He does a lot of abstract art (he loves black and blue and green but recently decided he likes red because it's an "angry"/"scary" color).  He has started trying to draw more wolves.  He's getting better!
He just participated in his first pinewood derby.  He wanted his car to be as fast a cheetah so he made a Cheetah car with pictures of Chester the Cheetah.  We were worried because his car was last in its heat (and he had been saying all day that he wanted to win!)  Thank goodness, he didn't even notice.  He wanted to get back to his treats!- Wouldn't you know it, they had Cheetos!

Atticusisms:

  • "I want to have another baby.  It's going to be a girl." (many times)
  • "We're going to have a baby girl and I'm going to call her Ellie... well, that's what I'm going to call her!"
  • "If someone says they don't believe in God I'll just punch them in the stomach!"
  • "Sharks are not vicious killers!"
  • "I'm sad about something... Every year a shark gets killed."
  • "Why don't I get to sit on Jesus' lap?... Other kids get to sit in His lap and I don't?!" (after listening to I Know He Lives)
  • "Nasty dolls"
  • "nasty girl colors"
  • "Just watch me!" (at the park)
  • "Oh no, there's poop!" (after we tried to explain what the "Oh, crap!" handle was for)
  • "I have to brush my canine teeth."
  • "Are _______ a member of the canine family?"
  • "Those are some strong teeth you have, Max."
  • "Why are they painting themselves and not me!" (during the Painted Bobcat ceremony) 
Over Memorial Day weekend we spent a much needed weekend up in Utah.  Our main object was to visit family but we were also able to do a couple fun things- 


  The Butterfly Biosphere at Thanksgiving Point
 Lots of Bobba and Nana time (including golf ball hunting)

A petting zoo in Scipio.  Of course, Hinckley wanted to kiss and hug all the animals.  
 Even though our visit didn't have quite the effect we had hoped it would (and it was pretty darn chaotic with Max and my mom's new dog, Charlie) we're so glad we made the trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment