Saturday, June 3, 2017

I Love Star Wars, Daddy


May was a much better/easier month for the Maes family, especially the second half.  This is mostly because my morning sickness eased up by the 18th (Mother's Day, as it turned out).  And it was a beautiful Mother's Day!  Atticus and Dane got me flowers, helped make dinner, let me nap and, best of all, I had the morning off!  The first time in two and a half years!!  It was fantastic.

Before the occasion Atticus and I made some bouquets of our own for his wonderful grandmas:
 
We both had a blast making these.

  Here are the finished products.  He was so proud!  "I made this!"

From what I hear, the weather here has been unusually amazing.  We love it and are taking advantage as long as we can before the heat sets in. 
 We've spent more time at the park.
 And a little more time on the bicycle (see the last post for videos).

I am happy to report that he got his third official haircut and this time went far better than his last!  After watching his best friend get a haircut, all the while eating a popsicle, Atticus said he wanted a popsicle.  Bowman's grandma wisely told him, "These are haircut popsicles."  So Atticus decided he wanted a haircut and was VERY well behaved, taking bites from a popsicle (he had his mouth wide open and was leaning forward like a baby bird) the entire time.  Three cheers for positive peer pressure!

Oh, how we love conversing with this little human.  He LOVES singing and is getting so he uses complete sentences a great deal of the time.  Even better, he is getting more and more hilarious as the wheels in his mind turn.  Here are a few of his most common sayings from the last couple of months, plus a few of our favorite moments of May:


  • "I don't like ______."  After a second or two, "I want _______, Mom."
  • "Let's hide!"
  • "_________ coming, get you, Atticus!" (Fill in the blank with Daddy, Darth Maul, Master Yoda, Lion, doggy, storm, Darth Vader...)
  • "Woar!" (I caught him practicing this in the mirror today!  πŸ˜‚ Did we mention this is at anyone, but especially at girls of all ages- I'm afraid he likes getting a reaction and has described himself as being mean when he does it).
  • "It's yucky." (This is in reference to any food that appears to have an imperfection of any conceivable kind)
  • "What that?"  Receives an answer.  "Oh.  Oh-oh-tay."
  • "No sleepy!" (means both "I'm not sleepy!" and "There will be no sleeping!")
  • "Mommy sick.  Mommy tummy hurt!" (This was especially common throughout April and the first half of May when I was laying down a whole lot.)
  • I'm afraid he's getting pretty bossy, for example, yelling at kids who he sees as being naughty (i.e. "Turn light ON!" Etc.)
  • He's started saying, "It's okay, Mommy," instead of "I'm sorry," all the while rubbing my head or shoulder.  But he is still quick to hug and say, "I'm sorry," too.
  • He told Mommy she has breath that is like a "stinky diaper" a few weeks ago. 
  • "I want to see boobies, Mommy."  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • I lean down next to him and he observes a "hole" down my shirt (cleavage- increasing from pregnancy, I'm sorry to say).  He asks, "What's that?"  I tell him it's a hole in my shirt and he thinks for a second, "Baby crawl up hole!"
  • After Dane pours water on him in the tub he says, "I don't like Daddy!" to which Bobba and I respond, "Yes you do- you love Daddy.  Tell Daddy you love him!"  Atticus thinks for a minute, looking at his Daddy, and says, "I love Star Wars, Daddy."  For Dane it was even better than him saying, "I love you" to him.
We saved the best for last.  The best part of May was having Bobba come and visit again.  He brought Atticus all kinds of goodies.
More importantly, he made our little boy feel loved in a way that only Bobba can.  It was a wonderful weekend.  We just hope Nana can make it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment