Monday, January 15, 2024

Seven like Heaven



Does life ever slow down again? I swear, time has become so relative to me now.

10 minutes passes in what seems like seconds and the days and weeks just blend together.

This can, occasionally, be a negative phenomenon as I try to make our days filled with meaningful ativities.

Most of the time, however, it really is fantastic.

I am so blessed to be able to hang out with my beautiful little boy.

Updates...Let's see...
He outgrew his 3-6 month clothes- he actually only got to wear this onesie once!  Is it a sign?
And  his first tooth made its appearance on June 29.
We've found some fun, new ways to make him laugh.  Grandpa's beard was a hit!


 I was also thrilled to find a ticklish spot, just under his ribs.
Daddy+Upside Down=Too Much Fun

We finally caught a bit of his whisper talk.  He usually talks like this right after he wakes up and just before going to sleep.

Of late his favorite form of communication consists of screams and holding his breath, so he often sounds like he's dying.  It's hilarious- when I'm not panicking, of course!
He LOVES to grab, shake, break, crinkle, and just pulverize anything he can get his hands on.  Poor Grandma Marti's flowers took a beating, as did this bag of chips...
He's becoming much more self-aware.  Here he is checking himself out on camera.
He was having a heck of a time staying asleep for a good week.  Why?  Because he kept rolling over!  It usually made him really upset, but sometimes he would just give me a sheepish grin-
He started eating a few solids here and there (very occasionally at first!)  His first solid was an avocado.  He was a little skeptical, but I think he liked it in the end...


After the avocado we moved on to egg yolk in the evening.  It has seriously been a lifesaver in helping him sleep longer stretches (he has been a hungry boy for the last month!)

Yes.  We have a very busy, active little boy.  It's already a little tiring and I know that as soon as he's walking I'll be exhausted!-
But I wouldn't change that for anything.  It just makes the rare, quiet moments all the more precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment