Monday, January 15, 2024

Mother's Day

This year, Mother's Day definitely meant a lot more to me.  
 To go from wondering if we'd even be able to have children to having this energetic, talkative little guy has been the greatest (and hardest!) blessing of my life over the last few years.  My heart goes out to all others who, for whatever reason, do not and perhaps will not have literal children in this life.  My source of comfort before Atticus came along was the knowledge that, in whatever capacities we're able, Heavenly Father gives us a chance to "practice" for the eternities.  I know that He is a perfect, loving, heavenly parent and will not deny this blessing to his faithful chidlren.
For me, this "practice" came in various forms.  As a teacher, coach, Aunt, Sunday School teacher, and even as a neighbor, I had opportunities to mentor and love a few of these little ones (even the bigger little ones, ha ha!)  I know that, though we might not even feel GOOD at this whole motherhood thing (and I very often don't!) we, as women, have been given special gifts to nurture and love these precious children from Heaven.  Like so many other things, practice (along with generous use of the Atonement!) makes perfect.
So today, I express gratitude to Heavenly Father for the chance to have this beautiful little boy and to experience the wonder of life again through his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment