Monday, January 15, 2024

Our Baby Boy's Blessing

What a wonderful day!  Dane and I were nervous and had trouble sleeping, but Atticus wasn't nervous, at all!  He had one of his best night's sleep and was just as smiley as could be when we got him ready.  Here's the adorable little man that morning, dressed all in white, bundled up in the blessing blanket that his Great Grandma Zoe made for him.

Using the Melchizedek Priesthood, Dane gave Atticus a beautiful blessing, as directed by the Spirit.  A few things that stuck out to me were that Atticus needed to give attention to his "fathers that had come before him" and their sacrifices, that he would be a "strong and energetic young man," that he would be a leader to "any siblings that might follow" and that he would "serve God, [his] family, and [his] nation."


After the blessing, we headed over to Grandpa Bob & Grandma Marti's house for a brunch.  We feel so blessed to have had so many loving family members there to support us.
What made the day even more special was having my brother David there, visiting from Alabama.   We hadn't even told him about the blessing and he'd already booked the flight for this weekend.  Coincidence?  I think not!  Here he is with Atticus.  David has always had a way with infants (and with everyone else! He's just a great guy!)

We also got to see some of Dane's cousins that we haven't visited with for a while!  Jolene Riser came with her cute girls, Tessa and Taya.  It was so good to visit with her!  And Atticus obviously felt at his ease in her arms. :)

 Dane's other cousins, Brody & Lyndsay Newell, came with their three adorable kids.  Here is their second oldest, Molly, who was fascinated by Atticus.  It was so sweet to see.
 So many cousins came and I'm afraid I didn't catch half of them!  I've never known my cousins all that well so I was touched that Dane had such a bond with his.  I guess it's partly due to his being an only child...



Of course, David wasn't the only one who came to support from my side of the family.  Mom, Dad, Terree, and Danny were there, helping with the food and the blessing itself.



Corky and Whitney were there, as were Bobbie, Ashton and James.  It's so fun to see them with Atticus, especially now that he's developing more personality! (Not that it shows in these pictures, ha ha!)

We also had Dane's good friend Steve Pratt, his wife, Kalleen, and their handsome boy, Connor come.  I have a feeling Connor and Atticus will be just as thick as thieves in a few years, just like their daddies.  :)


All in all, it was a beautiful day.  I am so grateful for family and friends and the love and support we feel here and from those who are far away.  And I'm so very thankful that the Priesthood has been restored in its fullness, so that worthy men can exercise it to bless our lives.

As my mother-in-law, Marti, has remarked a few times now, we have needed priesthood blessings more times in the last few months than I can ever remember having received in my lifetime!  It never ceases to amaze me how quickly I experience peace, healing, and enlightenment as a result of its use.

No comments:

Post a Comment